What is Sports Premium Funding?
The Government is providing an additional £320 million to schools per annum to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding, provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, will be allocated to primary school head teachers.
Purpose of Funding
All children should have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. Physical activity has many physical benefits, whilst also improving mental wellbeing. Children who participate in regular exercise are happy, confident and resilient. The PE and Sports Premium can help schools make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of Physical Education (PE) and sport that they offer. It will be used to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport
What is Thornton Dale Primary School doing with the PE funding?
The total allocated funding for the academic year 2022/23 to support the growth and development of our PE and physical activity curriculum and facilities.
Thornton Dale PE and Sport Premium Spend Strategy
Historical Breakdown of Spending and Impact
2017 - 2018
2016 - 2017